Elia Corp/ St. Steven’s Court: Top 10 things you need to know
10. Elia Corp. is the developer who wants to demolish five, 3 1/2 storey buildings on St. Steven’s Court.
9. Elia propose six new towers: 16 storeys, 12, 11, 8, and two, 6 storey buildings connected by a podium and eliminating most of the greenspace.
8. The application includes 603 units, which is one less than what has been approved for the new Humbertown. This will nearly quadruple the current density.
7. The Official Plan clearly states that new development must “respect and reinforce the existing physical character of buildings, streetscapes and open spaced patterns in these areas.”
6. The HVVRA is opposing the application at the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB). The ten day hearing begins January 5, 2017.
5. We aren’t alone in this fight! Also opposing Elia Corp are the City of Toronto (Planning) and The Kingsway “Regent” condominium located at 30 Anglesey Blvd.
4. Thanks to many generous residents, we have raised over $14,000 in the past week!
3. But we’re still $9,500 short! We can’t proceed to the OMB unless all of the required funds in the bank.
2. We are asking for donations from every household of $50 to $100 but any amount is appreciated. If you have not contributed yet, please do so today.
We don’t have much time!
And the No.1 thing you need to know about this issue is: With your support, we can win this fight and protect our quiet neighbourhood. Simply click on the Donations tab at the top of this page. Please do your part.
HVVRA Board of Directors
Nov. 3, 2016